HP Printer Won’t Scan Issue
HP printers are known for their multifunctional capability that includes printing, scanning, faxing, and copying. So, without any doubt, they are a beast of a device. Among all the features available in the printer, the scanning capability is the most prominent, particularly if you are in a workplace. Scanning, if executed properly, can up your productivity game at your workplace. All your documents and paperwork can be securely saved. It also enables you to view the document on all your compatible devices. It could be a rough patch if your HP Printer Won’t Scan at important times as most of the workplace revolves around documentation.
Even though scanning is a boon for all the professionals who juggle with the documents instead of organizing it, there is a window for error. Sometimes, the HP Printer Won’t Scan, or any other problem could arise like your HP Printer Won’t Scan in Windows or HP Printer Won’t Scan to Mac, etc.
What are the Possible Reasons Why your HP Printer Won’t Scan?
Honestly, narrowing down to a list of reasons is practically not viable since your HP printer won’t scan is a vague diagnosis. All we know is your HP printer won’t scan and a number of reasons ranging from
- Hardware fault
- Poor power supply
- Your computer or PC incompatibility
- Poor internet connection
- And a thousand others.
Even though it is hard to diagnose the exact reason why your HP printer won’t scan, you can go by the common troubleshooting steps, and your issue will get resolved automatically.
HP Printer Won’t Scan – Troubleshooting at a Glance
- Try updating your drivers of the scanner.
- Check for any issues or concerns regarding the hardware.
- Double-check your internet connection.
- Check the configuration of your device.
- Restart your HP printer.
- Reset your HP printer.
- Check if WIA is enabled.
HP Printer Won’t Scan to Computer
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, it is important to remember that your HP scanner is a part of your multifunctional printer. So, troubleshooting a single aspect of your printer is fairly difficult. Hence, it will be a lot easier for you to troubleshoot if you can narrow down the problem to the point that is more accurate, like the HP printer won’t scan in Windows or HP printer won’t scan on mac.
HP Printer Won’t Scan in Windows
Refer to these effective troubleshooting steps if your HP printer won’t scan in Windows.
Check if you have a Compatible Software
Even though it sounds improbable, it is more common than you think. It is necessary to check if your HP printer is compatible with the software your device sports. If so, but still doesn’t work properly, try changing the OS or updating the OS. If you find your printer incompatible with the software of your device, then it is time to change either your printer or your computer.
Kick-Start your Printer
Kick-starting your printer is nothing but powering the device from scratch. Most of the problems related to the scanning issues would most probably be a glitch. This is possible because your printer depends upon tons of codes and relies on the coordinated working of each and every individual electrical component. So, a simple power-cycle can start your device on a fresh page. You can get rid of most of the minor glitches that can lead you to your HP printer scanner not working.
Reinstalling your HP Printer Software
Your printer software serves as the nervous system that enables your device and printer to interact. Open your “control panel” on your windows software and search for the HP printer software. You can find the HP printer software under the list of programs and features.
- Once you find the program, you are looking for, proceed to uninstall it.
- Now, try restarting your device and remove your printer from the list of devices connected to your device.
- After you remove the device, fire up your browser and visit 123.hp.com/setup
- Now, select your printer model and search for the appropriate software.
- Download the corresponding software by choosing your operating system.
- It is better to make sure that you download the full feature software download.
- Run the software package to install the driver.
This will help you fix your HP printer scanner, not working issues for sure, so prefer this solution if the scanning option is frequently going AWOL.
Check if your WIA Service is Enabled
This feature should be enabled for you to use the scanning capability of a multifunctional HP printer. You can enable this feature by following the steps below.
- If you have a Windows 10 OS, then press the start icon + X key to open the menu.
- Click on the Run option from the menu.
- Enter “services.msc” and proceed further.
- Open the WIA program to choose your preferences for the program.
- In the “startup type,” select AUTOMATIC.
- Select the “start” button. Select the “apply” option.
- Close the window by pressing the OK button.
Resetting your Printer
Resetting your printer is a lot different from restarting or power-cycling your printer. When you reset your printer, the entire device’s information will be erased and will go back to your factory configuration. All your stored network details, device details, IP addresses, MAC address, passwords, etc. will erase. Use this as a last measure as you have to set up the device from scratch.
Disable your “Firewall”
Sometimes, firewalls look at the functions of your HP printer as an external function. This will make the firewall regard it as a threat and will hence awake its security measure. So, it is better to disable the Firewall of your device if your printer scanner keeps disengaging.
HP Printer Won’t Scan to Mac
Mac is automatically one of the most commonly used devices in America. So it is necessary to see that your HP printer is working properly with your Mac device, including the HP printer scanning feature.
- Try uninstalling the printer drivers. It is possible that your device is still using an older version of your printer driver.
- It is suggested to see if your Apple device is running the latest software.
- If you find any software updates on the queue, proceed with it.
- Now, uninstall your HP easy scan application.
- Power-cycle your mac device and HP printer.
- Go to the “system preferences” from the “apple menu.”
- Select the “printers and scanners.”
- From here, you have to reset the printing system.
- Once you are in the reset option, click on it.
- You will be asked to feed in the administrator’s username and password.
- Once done, click, OK.
- In a matter of seconds, your system will restart. Once done, you should see no printers on the list.
- Now, power-cycle your device. Go to system preferences and select the “Add button” to add your printer.
- Once done, complete the setup by selecting your printer.
From now, your HP printer won’t scan to mac will not repeat.
HP Printer Won’t Scan to E-mail
Scan to e-mail is probably one of the handiest features that save you a lot of time and work. You can directly modify your documents and access them in your e-mail. This becomes easy for you to forward the documents from your mail accounts.
Follow the steps below to fix the HP printer won’t scan to e-mail the issue.
- Review the security settings of your e-mail account.
- Ensure that you have entered the right e-mail or password.
- Check all the details regarding your SMTP and DNS server settings.
- You can cross-refer them with your ISP.
For more information regarding the “HP printer won’t scan” or HP printer setup and troubleshooting in general, please contact our professional help-desk to assist you better. Call us @ +1-844-876-5110