123.hp.com OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer Setup
Hp OfficeJet 6978 printer comes up with various fascinating features to easily cope up all the professional printing works.
Day to day office works is filled up with a heap of files, where you need to instantly print out the high volume of works.
OfficeJet 6978 is absolutely a great choice to finish all your works in a jiffy yet at the expected quality range. We (b-123-hp.com) have elaborated below about the steps involved in 123.hp.com/setup 6978.
- All the basic & additional functions are included such as scanning, copying, fax, 2 sided duplex printing & scan, touch screen control panel, Instant ink, automatic document feeder etc.
- Portable printing options to instantly get all your jobs done with simple taps such as mobile printing, Wi-Fi direct etc.
- The printer is aptly crafted for catering the business needs. Fast printing options for high number of paper works. With ideal printing quality, OJ6978 saves a lot of paper wastages. With cutting edge features & compact size, OJ6978 is the best model for your office and small workgroup usages.
- For easy task management various network functions, duplexing documents, printing and scanning from email options are there.
123.hp.com/setup 6978 Setup Process
Initial check for 123.hp.com/setup 6978
Check the following things before making the wireless connection for your printer,
- Ensure your computer and printer use the same network
- Also make sure, that your printer is not connected using the Ethernet cable
- Checking out all the wireless setup connections are working properly or not
Access the printer control panel for wireless setup wizard and follow the below instructions,
- To begin with, in the control panel, open the dashboard by swiping the top screen and tap the wireless option
- Next, go to the settings option and click the wireless settings
- After the previous step, select the wireless setup wizard/Wi-Fi protected setup and follow the on-screen guidelines
Altering the Connection Types
If you successfully installed the printer driver software and the connection is made among printer, computer, and router, you can still follow the below steps to change from one connection type to another. To get the printer driver software for your OJ6978 model, just go to the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 Page and install the software.
From Ethernet to Wireless
- In the first place, remove the Ethernet cable
- Enter the wireless setup wizard and abide by the above steps to establish the wireless connection
From USB to Wireless
For this, you should need the Hp printer driver software.
- Enter the driver software and select the tools option
- Under the tools, enter ‘device setup & software’
- You can see the option called ‘Convert USB connected printer to wireless’
- Select that option and follow on-screen instructions to alter the connection type
From Wireless to USB/Ethernet
- Connect whichever cable connection to the printer you want, Ethernet/USB
- Access the system preferences and open the ‘printers & scanners’ option
- Connect your printer to the network using the cable as mentioned earlier
- Now click the add printer option and select your printer name from the list
- Click add button connect with the network
Get a Print of Network Settings
Follow the below instructions to get your network configuration report instantly,
- As usual, go to the printer control panel, swipe down the tab and select the wireless/Ethernet option
- After that, click the print details option to instantly print all your network configuration details
- Or else, go to the Setup->Reports->’Network configuration report’ to print out
Testing the Connection Speed
- In the printer control panel, touch the setup icon and enter the network setup option
- Under that, tap the ‘Ethernet settings’ and then ‘advanced settings’
- Select the link speed option to know the network connection speed
Requirements to Avail the Wi-Fi Direct Option
You should have the printer driver software to enable this option. Similarly, for mobile, get the Hp Printer Mobile app and install in your smartphone.
Wi-Fi Direct Setup
- In the printer control panel, swipe down the tap and select the settings option
- Scroll through the options and turn on the ‘Wi-Fi Direct’
- By accessing the connection method under settings, you can alter the connection types between automatic and manual
Note that, Wi-Fi direct option is only for direct printing without any internet network. By turning on this option, you are unable to connect your computer, mobile or printer to the internet.
Besides, for furthermore queries regarding 123.hp.com/setup 6978 process, please get assistance from our expert team by calling the toll-free number +1-844-876-5110