The 123.hp.com/oj6968 multi-functional, the all-in-one machine can print, copy, scan, and fax. Printing 20 ppm in black and 11 ppm in color, the device is completely wireless even allowing you to print from your smartphone. Overall, the printer is quite solid, rendering optimum resolutions with every output. Load the kind of paper that you wish to print on, according to the available settings, which can be adjusted. The printer is highly intuitive containing an ADF with auto-duplexing abilities. With competitive printing speeds, 6968 is a highly effective printer that when used with HP’s Instant Ink service, provides economized outputs.
The 123.hp.com/oj6968 provides users with several connectivity options such as:
- Wired Ethernet
- Wi-Fi Direct
123.hp.com/oj6968 Fax Setup
The 6968 printers with the wireless option, is also equipped with Fax Connectivity. Set up the connection to start sending faxes to another fax machine after ascertaining compatibilities. You must also possess a traditional telephone landline service to ensure reliable faxing. Faxing is considered as a more secure option against emails or even postal mails.
- You must prepare your printer for faxing before you initiate a fax
- Setup for other services such as internet phone, cellular, DSL or PBX is different
- If you have a fixed landline, then do the following
- Use the telephone cord that came with the printer and connect it to the phone jack on the wall
- There should also be a 1-Line jack available behind the printer
- A 2-EXT jack behind the printer (if present) can be used to connect the answering machine
- This way all voice calls can be recorded devoid of fax noises that are usually heard
The fax preferences for the 123.hp.com/oj6968 printer can be set with the help of a Fax Setup Wizard in the Windows OS. MAC computers use the Basic Fax Settings from where you can reach out to Setup or Fax on the control panel of the printer.
- A fax header identifies your business and is also indicative of the telephone number from where the fax has been received
- Type the text that you wish your recipients to visualize – typically your business name, your name, and the fax number
- Set the Auto Answer or Answer Mode
- Do the above, if you wish that the 123.hp.com/oj6968 printer accepts incoming faxes automatically after a particular number of rings
- Manual acceptance of faxes initiated if you do not activate this mode
- You can set the Rings to Answer on your printer to a specific number after which the device answers calls automatically
- Adjust voice calls and answering machine as well, so that the printer picks up calls after a specified number of rings
Ring and Dial Types
- Specify unique ring patterns using the Distinctive Ring command or choose All Rings if you have a dedicated fax line
- Additionally, match the analog phone service according to the tone or pulse
- It is extremely important to match the tones – most areas do use standard tone dials although rotary phones utilize pulse dialing
- Contact your service provider to know your dial type
- Set dial tones and busy signal volumes when you choose a particular level of volume
- If you want silent faxing, then set the volume to Off
- Confirm the success of your 123.hp.com/oj6968 for fax by running a test
- Go to the Fax Setup menu ->Run Fax Test / Fax Test Report
- Test results are printed along with issue resolutions and instructions to fax
- Furthermore, use the HP Fax Test Service to test if the sending and receiving functionalities of the fax are successful
- Check HP’s website for the test number where you can send faxes and get a test report within 5 to 7 minutes
- Store all faxes into your printer’s memory depending upon the security and preferential requirements
- From the control panel, go to Fax -> Setup -> Preferences -> Backup Fax Reception
- Thereafter, choose On which is also the default mode to save all your incoming faxes
- Reprint up to 30 recently received faxes backed up in the memory
- The oldest fax is overwritten to accommodate the latest during low printer memories
- Choose On Error Only to store faxes in the printer’s memory when there is an error that prevents smooth flow or printing of the received faxes
- Finally, Choose Off if you do not wish to store any of the faxes in the printer’s memory
Fax setup for HP Officejet 6968 printer
123.hp.com/oj6968 Fax Setup can provide you with step by step guidelines on how to set up Fax for HP Officejet 6968 printer
How to Setup a separate fax line on My HP Officejet 6968 printer?
- You can begin with the process by visiting 123.hp.com/oj6968 Fax reading the guidelines in there
- Firstly, you have to link one end of the phone cord to the telephone wall jack and then link the other edge to the port 1 Line at the rear of the printer
- After that, you have to turn on the Auto Answer setting
- And then make sure to run a fax text
How can I Setup the HP printer with DSL?
- And for this first, you have to get DSL filter from your DSL provider
- Next, plug one edge of the phone cord to the DSL filter and then link the other end to the 1 Line at the rear of the printer
- After that, make sure to link an extra phone cord from the DSL filter to the telephone wall jack
- Finally, you have to run the Fax test
- Moreover, get some guidelines and information on this by reaching 123.hp.com/oj6968 Fax Setup
How to Setup My HP Printer with a distinctive ring service?
- At first, link one edge of the phone cord to the telephone wall jack and then fix another end to the port named 1 Line
- After that, you have to turn on the Auto Answer setting
- Secondly, modify the Distinctive Ring setting to match the pattern that the telephone consumer assigned to the Fax number
- You can also modify the Rings to Answer setting to the lowest settings and finally, proceed to run a fax test
How to start up with connecting my HP printer to the computer dial-up modem?
- Want to know how to do this step by step, then do visit 123.hp.com/oj6968 Fax Setup
- Firstly, you have to unplug the white plug from the port that is 2-EXT on the rear of the printer
- After that, you have to search for the phone cord at the rear of your computer to the telephone jack
- Make sure to delink the telephone wall jack and link it into the port that is named as 2-EXT on the printer
- Similarly, you have to link one edge of the phone cord to the telephone wall jack and then link it to the other edge to the port that is named as 1 line of the printer
- Secondly, you have to turn on the Auto Answer setting
- Next, you have to modify the Rings to Answer setting to the lowest setting
- Finally, carry on with running a fax test and check whether the setup is made properly.
How do I begin to set up my printer via DSL or ADSL modem?
- At first, you have to get the DSL filter from the provider
- After that, you must link one end of the phone cord to the DSL filter and then link the other end of the port named as 1 line on the rear of the printer
- Secondly, you have to link the DSL filter to the parallel splitter
- Moreover, link the DSL modem to the parallel splitter
- Thirdly, you have to link the parallel splitter to the wall jack
- And then start to run the fax test and modify for your requirements
How do I set up my HP printer on the same phone line as a computer with two phone ports?
- Start with unplugging the white plug from the port named as 2-EXT on the rear of the printer
- First of all, you have searched the phone cord that links from the rear of your computer to a telephone wall jack
- After that, make sure to delink the cord from the telephone wall jack and then link it to the 2-EXT port on your HP printer
- Secondly, you have to link a phone to the OUT port on the rear of the computer dial-up modem
- Similarly, fix one end of the phone cord to the telephone wall jack and then link the other end to the port 1 Line on the rear of your printer
- On the other hand, the modem software is set to receive faxes to the computer automatically and ensure this setting is turned off
- Now, you can modify the printer to answer automatically or manually
- Finally, you have to perform fax text